Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association
Supply · Service · Stewardship

Uniform Carrier Registration

If your company is on record as a USDOT Interstate Carrier, then you must also be registered with the Illinois Commerce Commission's Uniform Carrier Registration program.  This is not a new requirement, but it is being enforced by the ICC and several IFCA members have been cited.  You must pay an annual fee based upon the number of commercial motor vehicles operating in interstate commerce.  Click here for more information on the UCR registration process.  Implements of husbandry such as nurse tanks, floaters and pesticide applicators are NOT commercial motor vehicles under the Illinois Vehicle Code so be sure you don't include them in the number of vehicles that you register.  If you have questions please contact our office.