The Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association (IFCA) is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization. Our mission statement is “To assist and represent the crop production supply and service industry while promoting the sound stewardship and utilization of agricultural inputs.” We accomplish this objective by:
- Gathering and communicating useful information for our members;
- Influencing policy processes that affect the industry;
- Developing and fostering high standards of agronomic practices; and
- Promoting and encouraging the safe and environmentally sound handling and use of nutrients and crop protection products.
IFCA influences legislative and regulatory policies for the crop production supply and service industry at the state level, and we coordinate our national efforts with national industry associations including The Fertilizer Institute, Agricultural Retailers Association and Crop Life America. IFCA participates in agricultural policy development and we cooperate with other ag organizations to assure that the crop production input industry is well represented. We communicate with our members through timely email bulletins, newsletters and mailings. Our staff also provides members with safety training programs, regulatory compliance assistance and stewardship initiatives. IFCA’s partnership with Asmark Institute provides a conduit for high-level compliance assistance on specific regulations. Go to www.asmark.org for more information on the regulatory services provided by the Asmark Institute.
IFCA is governed by a board of 15 directors, and we have the following active committees. Members can request to serve on these committees.
- Legislative/Regulatory Committee – provides guidance to IFCA on legislative and regulatory initiatives that impact the industry
- Agronomy Committee – develops agronomic policies relating to nutrient and agrichemical use
- MAGIE Committee – coordinates the annual Midwest Ag Industries Exposition equipment show
- Convention Committee – coordinates the annual IFCA winter trade show and annual meeting
IFCA’s membership year runs from April 1 to March 31. New members can join at any time and dues are pro-rated based on the date you join. Our membership classifications and mail-in application form are on the right hand side of this page. Please contact us at 309.827.2774 if you have questions about becoming a member—we encourage you to join the 1,000 business and individual members of the IFCA.